Adult & Continuing Education
T.R. Leger School of Adult Alternative & Continuing Education
T.R. Leger School of Adult, Alternative & Continuing Education is part of the Upper Canada District School Board. It offers flexible scheduling and programming for adolescents and adults of all ages at their comfortable and accessible locations.
At T.R. Leger learners can:
- Earn an Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Train to become a Personal Support Worker
- Upgrade literacy skills
- Prepare for college, apprenticeship, or university
- Explore career options
- Learn English as a Second Language
- Connect with Settlement Outreach Workers
- Participate in "hands-on" learning experiences -- food preparation, woodworking, physical fitness, Cooperative Education (on-the-job work experience).
Algonquin College offers academic upgrading courses that can help students meet admission requirements for college programs. Students can earn an Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate, which is recognized as Grade 12 equivalency by Ontario colleges and many employers. Computer training in the use of Microsoft Office is also offered.
Intake is continuous, so students can register to begin classes at any time throughout the year.