Part-time position of By-Law Enforcement Officer
The Town of Carleton Place is seeking an individual to fill the Part-time position of By-Law Enforcement Officer. The regular hours of work are 25 per week, however, from the date of hire to December 31, 2019 the hours of work will be 36.25 per week.
Summary: Reporting to the Director of Emergency & Protective Services/Fire Chief, the incumbent will be responsible for the consistent enforcement of the Town’s Property Standards and other Municipal by-laws.
- Community College Diploma in Law Enforcement, Municipal Law Enforcement Officer Course I or equivalent combination of education and working experience in the municipal by-law or law enforcement field;
- Previous experience as a By-Law Enforcement officer or related experience in municipal by-law or law enforcement including the understanding of Municipal licencing by-laws;
- Working knowledge of the Municipal Act, Provincial Offences Act, Building Code (property standards), and other regulations is essential;
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully, verbally and in writing;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel, email) is required and FirePro 2 is an asset; and
- Possess and maintain a valid Class “G” driver’ licence and drivers abstract in good standing.
The 2019 rate of pay for this position is $23.04 – $28.54 per hour.
Interested applicants are invited to apply in confidence by Monday, April 15, 2019 at 1:00 PM quoting “Part-time By-Law Enforcement Officer” Attention Human Resources by:
Mail: Town of Carleton Place
Attn: Human Resources
175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, ON K7C 2V8
Facsimile: 613 257 8170
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Carleton Place is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.
Click here to read the job description.